So imagine a Harry Potter TV series but BETTER than Game of Thrones because seasons 1 and 2 would be Founders, 3-5/6 would be Marauders, 6/7-13/14 would be the books, and then 13/14-forever would be post-Hogwarts Golden Trio and Next-Gen and it would be absolutely brilliant.
Hahahaha ever since Saturday the Korra finale seems to make me angrier and angrier. As a storyteller and as a fan of solid storytelling, it is an atrocious mess! I stand by the creators are amazing directors, amazing concept artists, amazing producers, but wow are they terrible writers. They have absolutely no understanding of dramatic convention, and so the first season of The Legend of Korra suffered greatly from terrible execution, and the core ideas were so good it should’ve been a gamechanger. It should’ve been the most brilliant thing on television and instead we were given a 12-week narrative case of blue balls.
Disclaimer: if you enjoyed/love/fanatic about Korra, by all means continue to do so! I enjoyed a lot about Korra. In fact that is why I am so frustrated. But that aside, this is meant as a critique and a dissection and as such you can take it or you can leave it. Nothing I have to say will change the show, nor will anything I have to say will have any effect on what season 2 will bring. Mostly I have been ranting about it to everyone on a daily basis since Saturday and this is my way to finally just. get. it. all. out. So this is me shouting into the ether for my own cathartic glee.
This is SUCH a good takedown of why I hated Legend of Korra, even though I’m a HUUUUGE ATLA fan (movie- what movie?)
Anonymous said: opinion of cho chang?
cho is a beast
- smart as heck
- talented athlete
- kind and generous
- had to handle the death of her BOYFRIEND when she was FIFTEEN
- had to handle her guilt about liking another boy and deal with serious emotional trauma AS WELL AS YOU KNOW, BEING A TEENAGER AND SCHOOLWORK AND SHIT
- took a stand against her PARENTS and joined dumbledore’s army because she believed in harry and wanted to fight against the evil that killed cedric and did what she thought was right even though it put her in a horrible position
- defended her friend and stood up for her when hermione PERMANENTLY MUTILATED HER FACE
- came back to hogwarts to fight voldemort
One of several girls in the series that gets dragged because of the weird idea promoted in the series that ‘girly’ girls are somehow not as good as bookish ones (hermione)? or sporty ones (ginny)? or PRETTY MUCH EVERY TYPE OF GIRL EXCEPT ONES THAT JKR THINKS ARE ””SHALLOW”’ IT’S SO RIDICULOUS honestly ask anyone who says they don’t like cho why they don’t like her and all they’ll give you is misogynistic bullshit